Home > 2010 Issue Summary > Adelaide Fringe Souvenir Stamp Sheet
The celebrate the 50th Adelaide Fringe Festival, Australia Post issued a souvenir stamp sheet.
This website will not class this issue as a reprint. The Sparklers stamp is a current definitive, and has simply been reissued in a new format; nor has the sheet been produced because stocks of this stamp have fallen below a particular level. More information on the difference between reprints and reissues is given on my reprint page.
The Sparklers stamp was originally issued on 23 September 2008 in a se-tenant block of four stamps (shown at right). This sheet provides four new specialist items:
- The first time this stamp has appeared in a vertical strip of three.
- The first time this stamp has appeared with tabs on the right (or left) (it has appeared in horizontal strips of five with tabs above and below)
- The first time in a sheetlet of nine stamps.
- The sheet is printed by RA Printing, while the original was printed by Energi Print.
Despite being printed by a new printer, this stamp is virtually indistinguishable from the original. Specialist collectors are advised to leave the tab attached to this stamp.
The nine tabs feature various Fringe posters:
- First column (top to bottom): 2007, 2002, 2000
- Middle column (top to bottom): 1996, 1994, 1992
- Last column (top to bottom): 1988, 1982, 1978
As mentioned above this sheetlet produced a new vertical strip of three, and a new sheetlet of nine.
Sheetlet of nine
Vertical strip of three with tabs
297 mm x 208 mm
The table below summarises the above information. The cost of each item is given, along with a total for each section. In some cases the stamps are only available from self-adhesive booklets (sold at face value), or from prestige booklets, souvenir sheets or folders (sold above face value).
Australia Post, Australian Stamp Bulletin, No. 303, March-April 2010
If you have more information, or spot an error, please e-mail me.